Source :- findatopdoc . com
Dry mouth is a problem that appears when the process of producing saliva in the mouth decreases. There are many reasons for dry mouth including lack of water in the body, a reduced amount of fluoride in water, irregular routine, starving, lack of nutritious food, acidity etc. reduces the production of saliva in the mouth. You can adopt many dry mouth remedies to solve this problem.
According to experts, every sixth person suffers from this problem.
What Is Dry Mouth?
Dry mouth is also known as Xerostomia. Xerostomia is a very common problem faced by many people. Dry saliva or low saliva in the mouth is the main reason for Xerostomia or dry mouth.
It is often a symptom of salivary glands that is not functioning properly because it is often associated with aging, dehydration, stress, anxiety, snoring, depression, smoking or alcohol.
Due to dehydration and hormonal changes, pregnant or lactating mothers may also experience dry mouth.
Asthma patients, who take regular pumps, also suffer from this problem.
Source :- static.toiimg . com
Dry Mouth Remedies:
Here are the top 10 home remedies for dry mouth. Try these dry mouth remedies to get rid of the dry mouth problem quickly.
Source :- i0.wp . com
Increase Liquid Intake
Dehydration is one of the most common causes behind the dry mouth. So, the best way is to increase your liquid intake to keep your body hydrated. Proper hydrotherapy will help your mouth to get more saliva and thus help you to get rid of dry mouth symptoms. If you are searching for dry mouth remedies, then drink as much liquid as possible.
How To Increase Liquid Intake?
- Consume enough water throughout the day. If you can’t drink water, then suck on small pieces of ice.
- Eat water-based fruits and vegetables such as pineapple, watermelon, and cucumber
- Drink 1 to 2 glasses of coconut water daily
- Drink smoothie, fruit juice or vegetable juice
- Drink herbal teas like green tea, chamomile tea, or others
- Eat straw and soup like soft and liquid foods
Avoid caffeinated beverages, soda, and alcoholic beverages because they can contribute to dehydration.
Source :- blog.duncraft . com
Eat Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper stimulates saliva production, which is the best treatment for dry mouth. Apart from this, the flavor will help strengthen the buds so that you can better separate sour, sweet, salted and bitter flavors. Try this one of the most helpful dry mouth remedies to get rid of the problem quickly.
How To Consume Cayenne Pepper?
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper powder in your soup, salad and other dishes.
- Grind some black pepper, and then put it on your tongue. This may cause a burning sensation for some time, but it will stimulate your salivary glands.
Alternatively, after consulting your doctor, you can take the Cayenne pepper or chili capsules if required.
Source :- https://foodtolive . com/shop/fennel-seeds/
Flavonoids present in fennel seeds, stimulate the flow of saliva and therefore help to get rid of dry mouth. Apart from this, their aromatic flavors help to fight bad breath with dry mouth.
How to Consume Fennel Seeds?
- Chew some fennel seeds several times a day for dry mouth treatment
- You can also find an equal amount of fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Dry them in a pan
- Then grind them well
- Now add a little salt to it
After each meal eat 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture
Slippery Elm Root Bark:
The mucous present in the slippery elm becomes a greasy gel when you mix it with water. It helps in the gel coat and increases the saliva in the mouth. In addition, it can effectively relieve many discomforts related to dry mouth.
How to Use Slippery Elm?
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoon slippery elm bark powder in a cup of hot water
- Cover and let it set for 10 minutes
- Add honey in it
- Drink this tea twice daily
- Make a paste out of slippery elm bark powder
- Take 2 tablespoons of slippery elm bark powder with water
- Mix the two ingredients well
- Apply it inside the mouth; leave it for a few minutes
- Then rinse your mouth with water
- Do this once or twice daily
Slippery elm bark powder is not only good for dry mouth but is also good for teeth ache.
Recommended Articles :-
Teeth Cleaning Cost, Procedure, Pros & Cons: Know In Details
Apply Potato Juice On Face To Get Rid Of Scars And Spots
Amazing Methods And Tips To Lighten Skin Naturally
A Brief Note On Tooth Sensitivity To Cold
Some Amazing Strawberry Benefits For Hair, Skin And Health
Amazing Benefits Of Orange Peel For Skin
One of the best Ayurveda dry mouth remedies for fighting dry mouth is cardamom. Chewing cardamom of consuming cardamom powder will moisten the mouth and will also eliminate bad breath.
How to Consume Cardamom?
- Chew cardamom seeds after every meal or whenever your mouth becomes dry
- You can rinse your mouth twice a day with light cardamom tea.
- Alternatively, add a spoonful of cardamom powder to the hot water glass
- Allow it to set for 10 minutes and then drink it
Drink this mixture once or twice a day on a daily basis to get rid of the dry mouth.
An old remedy for dry mouth treatment is Aloe Vera. It helps to protect sensitive tissue of the mouth as well as enhances taste buds. One of the most effective dry mouth remedies is aloe vera.
How To Use Aloe Vera For Dry Mouth?
- To treat dry mouth, drink a ¼ cup of juice of Aloe Vera every day
- You can rinse your dry mouth with the aloe vera gel many times a day
- Alternatively, apply pure aloe vera gel around your mouth using cotton balls
- Leave it for several minutes and then rinse your mouth with cold water
- Do 2 or 3 times a day.
Aloe Vera not only help in treating dry mouth, but it also treats other health problems.
You can also use ginger for dry mouth treatment. Ginger appears very effective in stimulating saliva and can make you feel fresh in your mouth. Dry mouth remedies such as ginger are very effective in the treatment of dry mouth.
How To Use Ginger For Dry Mouth?
- Chew a little bit of fresh ginger
- Do this so many times a day to fight dry mouth symptoms
- You can also drink 2 to 3 cups of ginger mixed with daily honey to stimulate your salivary glands
Dry mouth is certainly treatable, however in many cases; the problem of dry mouth is not going to go away overnight. Use these home remedies regularly for a few weeks and you will notice changes.