Which One Is The Smallest District In India?
The smallest district in India is Mahe, which is a district of India’s Union Territory of Puducherry. The total area of the Mahe district is only 9 square kilometers.
Prior to 1722, it was located in the French colony of Malabar district of the state of Madras, but it was merged in 1954 in the Union Territory of Puducherry, currently under the control of France.
Mahe district is also known for beautiful beaches, churches, and forts. There are many tourist places in this district, St. Therese Church, Sri Ramaswamy Temple, Dharma Dame Island, Puttalam, etc. In this district, there is abundant production of coconut, paddy, and black pepper.
More about Smallest District in India: Mahe
Table of Contents
Mahe (The smallest district in India) is geographically situated in the state of Kerala. Whereas governmentally, Mahe is situated in the Union Territory of Puducherry. Mahe has the formal name of “Mayyazhi” in the native Malayalam language.
This smallest district in India (Mahe) has inhabitants of over 41 thousand according to the 2011 census. The populace density of this smallest district in India is 4,659 per sq. km.
The Males constitute is 47% of the total population and the females constitute are 53% of the total population. Mahe (the smallest district in India) has a usual literacy rate of 98.35%. Mahe has 2 members in the 98.35% Legislative Assembly, on behalf of Pallur and Mahe.
Recommended Articles :-
1000 Years Old Temples In India | Ancient Temples
Coorg Tourist Places To Indulge In Nature
Tourist Places In The Steel City Of India, Jamshedpur
What Is The Best Time To Visit Munnar?
Are you thinking of solo traveling? Check out these places for solo trips from Bangalore
Escaping Mumbai Rains: A Weekend in Lonavala
The Names Of The 5 Smallest Districts In India In Terms Of Area
- Mahe in Puducherry. And thus the area of this district is 9 sq. km.
- Yanama in Puducherry. And thus the area of this district is 17 sq. km.
- Central Delhi in Delhi. And thus the area of this district is 25 sq. km.
- Lakshadweep in Lakshadweep. And thus the area of this district is 32 sq. km.
- New Delhi in Delhi. And thus the area of this district is 35 sq. km.
From the point of view of the population, India’s smallest district is Dibang Valley, which is located in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, India. So, the total population of this district is only 7,948.
Name Of The 5 Smallest Districts In India In Terms Of Population
- Dibang Valley in Arunachal Pradesh. And thus the population of this district is 8 thousand
- Anjou in Arunachal Pradesh. And thus the population of this district is 21.17 thousand
- Lahaul And Spiti in Himachal Pradesh. And thus the population of this district is 31.56 thousand
- Upper Siang in Arunachal Pradesh. And thus the population of this district is 35.32 thousand
- Nicobar in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. And thus the population of this district is 36.84 thousand