Lack of care after piercing of the ear increases the risk of spreading the infection. And it can take a long time to heal once the ear piercing is infected. So, how long does it take for ear piercing to heal, is entirely dependent on post-care of ear piercing. Therefore, it becomes very important to know how to take care of the ear after it is pierced. So, let’s now know in details about ear piercing in this post below
What Is Ear Piercing And Why People Do It?
Ear piercing is one of the record common sorts of the piercing. The part of this ear piercing can vary from the arch of cartilage at the upper part of the ear to the earlobe, to the creases just exterior the ear channel.
There is a tradition of piercing ears in many societies around the world including India. The tradition of piercing the ears of children and adults has been going on for centuries.
Generally, ear piercing is an old Indian tradition. In every corner of the country, women pierce their ears and wear jewelry. But as per the changing times, ear piercing has become a fashion and now some men have started piercing their ears along with women.
We often see that the surface of the ear of most women is pierced while the ear of some women is pierced from one end to the other. However, it depends on your choice.
Although ear piercing relatively safe and tremendously popular, you still have to treat ear piercing with attention and care to avoid any problems. Many parents are very concerned about the right time to get their child’s ears pierced and their care.
How to Pierce Ear?
Nowadays, most people prefer to get ears pierced in a beauty salon. However, people used to do it at home earlier. But you should have your child’s ear pierced by trained personnel only. You can consult your friends to get the children’s ears pierced at the right place. The method of piercing the ears of children is similar to that of elders. The method of ear piercing is explained in detail below.
- Firstly, doctors or ear-piercing experts clean ear skin with alcohol or germ-free products.
- During this time, doctors or experts should wear special types of gloves in their hands.
- With the help of a special needle or piercing gun the doctor or expert pierce the ear
- You can do any method as per the wishes of the parents or according to the advice of the expert.
- Both of these methods cause pain while piercing the ear.
- Gold earrings are worn soon after ear piercing (Whether or not to wear gold earrings depends on your wish. But it reduces the risk of infection.)
- Wearing gold earring after piercing prevent swelling and redness that comes after piercing the ear.
- Alternatively, you can also wear steel earrings. But steel earrings should not contain nickel.
- Also, gold-plated earrings on steel is also a better option.
- After piercing the ear, doctors or experts can give you medication to keep the pierced area infection-free.
- It is advisable to apply for this medicine twice a week.
You may have the following risks after piercing the ear.
The use of a special kind of metal earrings makes your ear more prone to allergies. It is common to have infections due to earrings made of nickel.
You may have an infection after piercing the ear. During this time, the risk of infection is high due to some silly mistakes/reasons loke the ear-piercing device not being clean, the earrings are tight and dirty, etc.
Chances Of Earring Hole:
By wearing loose or hanging earrings, the child can pull out her earrings by herself. In this case, the hole in the ear of the child is more likely to burst.
Many times, small or tight earrings may close the ear pierced in the child. Also, the child may have problems while taking out the tight earrings.
What Else To Care For After Ear Piercing
After piercing the ear, take special care of the ear to prevent infection. Post care of ear piercing is as follows.
It is very important to clean the hands before touching the ear or earring
After taking bath, clean the ear pierced area and earring with the help of cotton.
Use antiseptic lotion twice a week on the ear pierced area.
Check if your ear is bleeding or not before bedtime and after waking up.
Make sure that the earrings do not stick to the skin, so shake it once or twice daily with light hands and back and forth.
Do not take the earrings out until the wound is healed.
After piercing the ear, if you notice any kind of infection or any other problem, then consult the doctor or expert immediately.
How Long Does It Take For Ear Piercing To Heal?
Earlobe piercing is the fastest to heal completely. They normally take around 1 to 2 months to completely heal.
However, Cartilage piercing to another place on the ear takes longer to heal. This may take 4 to 6 months or sometimes a year before a tragus or helix piercing is completely cured.
While your ear piercing is still curing, do not take the earring out for a protracted period. Doing this may result in the hole to close.
Check Out Related Articles:-