Nebulizers are the most effective way to give inhaled medications to patients and children, with some medicines. Medicines are taken by the vapor or mist under the nebulizer, to get immediate relief from asthma and other respiratory symptoms. So, here I am giving an account on Nebulizer, its benefits and nebulizer side effects. See this below…
What Is Nebulizer?
A nebulizer is a therapeutic tool, which converts liquid medicine into vapor, mist or aerosol so that the drug can be transported to the lungs through breathing or respiratory function. Compressed air is generated using electricity in it, which converts the present drug into vapor in liquid form.
The nebulizer is mainly used to give asthma medicines to infants and young children and to use an asthma inhaler easily. If a person has asthma disease, then the doctor can recommend a nebulizer as a breathing treatment process. It is also used to give medicines to remove the symptoms of small children.
How To Use Nebulizer:
The doctor can recommend using nebulizer according to the condition of the patient and can provide information about how often and how to use the nebulizer. Here are the ways to use the Nebulizer:
- Place the air compressor on a solid surface.
- Check the autonomy of all devices.
- Clean the hands thoroughly and dry before preparing the medication.
- Put the medicine in the nebulizer cup.
- Add compressor and nebulizer cups through the tube.
- Attach the mouthpiece or mask to the appropriate place of the device.
- After that turn on the switch and check that the nebulizer is working properly or not.
- When using a mouthpiece, keep it in the mouth of the concerned person and seal it with lips and breathe in the same manner. And keep it safely on the nose and mouth. And take normal or deep breaths, breathe slowly and leave until the medicine is over.
- Keep the liquid container (nebulizer cup) straight during the entire treatment process.
- The treatment process can take approximately 5 to 15 minutes. The doctor can determine the time of the treatment process, depending on the type of drug and the health status of the person.
- After each treatment, clean the nebulizer with hot water and dry in the air.
- The nebulizer can be very beneficial for any person, it is an asana method of effectively taking some medicines. In comparison to the methods that people normally use to get relief from respiratory problems such as inhalers, tablets, and liquid drugs, you can obtain many benefits of using a nebulizer instead.
- The inhalers may have difficulty in swallowing dry powders, pills or liquid medication. Whereas the problem disappears in the nebulizer.
- The drug goes directly to the lungs through the nebulizer and shows immediate effect against the disease.
- Nebulizer facilitates drug delivery for children and infants
- When the patient’s respiratory tract (airway) becomes narrow during the asthma attack, then the person is unable to breathe deeply. So nebulizer in this situation is a more effective way to give medicine than inhalers because there is no need to breathe deeper during the nebulizer.
Nebulizer Side Effect:
The nebulizer does not have any side effects, but the medicines used can put their side effects. In some situations, you may notice the following side effects while using a nebulizer:
- While using nebulizer patients may feel dizzy.
- The nebulizer can do a shuttering noise, which may cause some discomfort to the patient. This is one of the nebulizer side effects.
- After treatment, a small amount of medicine remains in the nebulizer cup, which does not make full use of the drug.
- During nebulizer, while taking vapors through the mask, medicines can go into the eyes, which can lead to potential side effects.