Longest Platform In India | Gorakhpur Railway Station
Gorakhpur Junction Railway station in Uttar Pradesh longest platform in India. It is also, the world’s longest platform. This platform was inaugurated on October 6, 2013. Due to the longest platform, the Limca Book of World Records and Guinness Book of World Records recorded the name of Gorakhpur Junction Railway Station. The length of its longest platform is 1355.4 meters but the actual length is 1366.33 meters with the ramp.
The longest platform in India: Gorakhpur Junction Railway Station
State: Uttar Pradesh
Length: 1,366.33 m Or 4,483 ft
Inaugurated On: 6th October 2013
Achievements: Limca Book of World Records, Guinness Book of World Records
Table of Contents
The longest platform in India can handle two trenches with 26-26 coach lengths together. Please tell that this railway station of the hometown of Uttar Pradesh’s Yogi Adityanath is the headquarters of the North Eastern Railway Board. According to media reports, Gorakhpur junction railway station has a total of 10 platforms and 189 trains are handled daily. Trains from Gorakhpur to four big metro cities Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai are available, and not only this, railway carts from this station are available from Jammu to Thiruvananthapuram in the north.
There are many modern facilities, keeping in mind the comfort of the passengers at the station.
- Wi-Fi is available at the station.
- E-ticket has been arranged.
- Bio-toilets have been given at the station.
- Most of the features of women are taken care of.
- The sanitary padding vending machine has been installed at the station.
- Apart from this, the Baby Feeding Area has also been ensured.
It is also good news for those traveling by rail that it will take 4 to 4 hours to cover the distance between Kanpur and Delhi from UP. According to media reports, the railway can soon run a high-speed train between Kanpur and Delhi. According to reports, from March 31, 2019, the railway track between Ghaziabad and Kanpur are able to run trains at a speed of 160 kilometers per hour. The track of 80 kilometers in this track of 444 kilometers is such that the trains can be run at 130 kilometers per hour. According to the railway officials, a different track has started between Bhadana and Khurja, which will separate the track for the goods trainers.
Recommended Articles :-
First Generation Of Computer | Know In Details Here
Iron Man of India | Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Charles Babbage | Father Of Computer
Aristotle | Father Of Biology & Other Branches Of Biology
What Are The Objectives Of Consumer Awareness?
How To Increase Awareness About Environment?
Top 8 longest platform in India:
1. Gorakhpur railway station, Uttar Pradesh, India:1,366.33 m (4,483 ft)
2. Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
3. Kharagpur, West Bengal, India: 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
4. Bilaspur railway station, Chhattisgarh, India: 802 m (2,631 ft)
5. Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, India: 770 m (2,526 ft)
6. Sonpur Junction railway station, Sonepur, Bihar, India: 738 m (2,421 ft)
7. Nabadwip Dham railway station, Nadia, West Bengal, India 720 m (2,362 ft)
8. Virudhunagar Railway Junction, Tamil Nadu, India: 600m